Members of Godalming Photographic Club took part in the annual Surrey Photographic Association (SPA) Individual Print and PDI competitions held on Saturday 13th October 2018 at East Horsley Village Hall.
The competition is open to all members of SPA clubs and entrants must be present on the day to qualify. Individuals can enter up to two images in any or all of the four competitive categories – Open Print, Nature Print, Open PDI and Nature PDI. Images must not have been entered in any previous SPA Inter-Club Print or PDI Championship or Individual Competition.
After success in last year’s competition for Graham Johnston, who won Best Nature PDI and three judges awards, and Mike Rowe, who also picked up three judges awards, members were hoping for more individual success this year.
GPC members competed well and individuals received the following awards on the day:
- Judges Award – PDI – Neck and neck by Graham Johnston ARPS DPAGB EFIAP
- Best Nature Print – Arctic Tern Arial Courtship by Mike Rowe FRPS DPAGB BPE5*
- Best Nature PDI – Ermine by David Hughes ARPS CPAGB
- Judges Award – Nature Print – Red fox hunting by David Hughes ARPS CPAGB
- Judges Award – Nature Print – Gulls squabbling by Graham Johnston ARPS DPAGB EFIAP
- Judges Award – Nature PDI – Labyrinth spider by Collette Patto
- Judges Award – Nature PDI – Four spotted chaser by Collette Patto
- Judges Award – Nature PDI – Red fox emerging from snow bank by David Hughes ARPS CPAGB
GPC entrants came away with 8 out of a possible 16 awards on the day. A special mention should go to Collette Patto who picked up her first individual SPA awards, collecting two judges awards in the Nature PDI competition.
Well done to all who took part and congratulations to the winners listed above.
To see a full list of winning images, visit the SPA website >